Monday, January 27, 2014

He is constant

We are promised numerous amounts of times in the bible that God will never leave us, nor forsake us.
But do we really grasp that? 
Never. He will NEVER leave you.

Recently I have come to the harsh reality that too often I make God too much like the people around me. I will say things like "oh I just don't feel God in this right now" or "Is he even here?"

Looking back on those instances I seriously laugh at myself.....really Sara?
Do you not see that you have a loving, constant, faithful God who is pursing you daily? 

God isn't a father that walked out on you.
He's not a husband that has turned his back.
He's not a friend that became a backstabber.

Whatever your situation is, that has left you feeling abandoned, don't let that ruin your view of who God truly is. Your circumstances don't change God.

 It's while you are in the midst of those circumstances that you need to allow God to change your view of them.
Now understand-- I'm not saying that he will change your circumstances because a lot of times He won't. But we have to see that our view of what is happening is half the battle. 

In my personal situation I have come to the realization that it was nothing that I did, nothing I could have prevented. Just because someone walks out of your life, or leaves you beaten down, it doesn't mean that you are unworthy of love, and we have GOT to stop giving God the same characteristics as these people that have hurt us.

He is our healer. 
It is only by Him that we will be able to finally pick up the pieces and walk on.
It is only by Him that we will find forgiveness- realizing that forgiving someone is usually more so for us than for them.

If you believe in the healer, then why are you still holding onto the hurt?

We weren't meant to. 
Lay your burdens down at His feet, whether it's joyfully tossing them or painfully still grasping on as you weep, release them to Him.

My challenge for you, if you are dealing with a hard situation, or if you are feeling abandoned,

Run to Jesus.  Full force, sprint into His arms because He's waiting.

He will never leave nor forsake you.
Cling to that sweet promise and know that He is the only constant you will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment