Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Staying with the light

Lately, The Lord has really been convicting me of something:

My trust in Him is limited. 

That hurts to write, and even more so to really admit, but I feel like I need to get this out on the table because I'm probably not the only one struggling with it.

My whole life I've been told to trust in the Lord,  but it wasn't until recently that I really figured out what true trusts means. It's easy to trust the Lord when you can see whats up ahead, and for me, for the most part I've always been able to see, or at least i've had some sort of idea.

As I look at my future right now I can honestly say I don't know whats up ahead.
But what i'm learning is that's okay!

It's okay to not have a set plan, it's okay to be unsure in what the future holds but whats not okay is loosing trust in The Lord because all of a sudden the tunnel goes dark and you can't see what's in front of your foot.

Look at it like this,

You're in a tunnel of complete darkness, you have no idea whats up ahead, you don't even want to put your foot out because you can't tell where it will lead you. If you try and walk that path alone, you will either stand still out of fear or end up running yourself into a wall. But luckily for us, we have Jesus.

"Your word is the lamb to my feet and a light to my path" Psalm 119:105

We weren't meant to be able to see the full tunnel, we were meant to follow His light, one step at a time.
When we rush ahead, or even stay behind, panic and fear will crawl in, we won't know what to do, but when we stay with the light, the answers will unfold along the way. Trusting that His plan is good, digging into His word and reading of His promises, we will gain wisdom. With that wisdom we will find the true beauty of surrendering everything to Him.



Our purpose in this life is not to have the next 5, 10, 15 years figured out, we aren't promised those years, and when we focus to much on planning them out, we miss the right now. Jesus has new and exciting things to reveal to us everyday, we just have to be present.
We are called to be a disciple for Him RIGHT NOW, not just 5 years down the road when you have your life "figured out", because lets face it, getting the perfect job, getting married, none of those things will leave you satisfied or make you feel as if you've "figured life out" 


So instead of worrying about what the next five years might look like I am walking day by day through the tunnel with the light that will never go dark. I don't need all the answers to trust Him because I have Him, and that's all the answer I will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment