Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pursued by a KING

Growing up I was one of those typical little girls, my day consisted of dress up, barbies and of course, princesses. I can't tell you how many times I have watched Cinderella. Still to this day it is my all time favorite Disney movie.

I had a desire from a young age to be like Cinderella, to have a prince come into my life and save me (not from an evil step mother) but you get my point. I just felt this longing to be wanted, not just wanted but pursued after.

I mean lets be real, who doesn't want a prince to ride around on his horse for days trying to find you?

Not only did he find Cinderella but he saved her. He took her out of her ugly situation and turned her rags into riches.

When we watch this movie it tugs at our heart, why? Because we were designed to want this. These aren't bad feeling, I actually believe that the Lord placed them within us. Where we go wrong is when we don't realize that WE ARE LIVING THIS LOVE STORY

Not only are we living this love story, we are living it BETTER.

Cinderella was pursued by a prince, WE are pursued by a KING
Cinderella was a slave to her step mother, WE are a slave to SIN
Cinderella was saved by a prince, OUR KING CONQUERED SIN AND OVERCAME DEATH
Cinderella was given a castle, WE inherit a KINGDOM


I plead with every girl out there that is like me, you have grown up hearing about fairy tales, you long for this day, and as each day passes, and no prince comes, you become more discouraged. I plead that you see that you are looking for the wrong fairy tale.

Jesus longs to have an intimate relationship with you, to give you the fairy tale of all fairy tales, but he can't do that if you have a death grip on your desire for a fairy tale that will never come.

Having a desire for a man to pursue you is not wrong, here me again IT'S NOT WRONG, but please, don't fall into the trap that that's what's going to satisfy you. Because the truth is, you will never be satisfied with an earthly relationship until you have one with The Lord.


Now, some of you might be confused when I say the Lord wants to pursue you, and even romance you. I know this is a concept I didn't get until my senior year, I just couldn't really see God in that way. If you are like that I beg you to stop right now and cry out to the Lord, let him change your heart, let Him show you what it means to surrender and fall in love with Him. 

I promise, when you see what it's like to be romanced by A KING, it puts every other fairy tale to shame.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you in that CROWN He's going to set on your head!!!!
    Beautifully put and well said!!! I love seeing God opening the eyes of your heart!!!
    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete